Family & Children’s Services Niagara works with some of our community’s most vulnerable children, youth, and their families.
While FACS Niagara works to protect children and youth and strengthen families, the Niagara Foundation for Family & Children’s Services raises funds and awareness to support and help children, youth and families in the Niagara Region to reach their full potential. Although FACS Niagara receives funding to provide protection and support services, the FACS Foundation raises funds so that local kids in need can enjoy a summer camp experience and youth in care have opportunities for college, university and job skills training. Thanks to generous donors and volunteers, the Foundation also provides emergency COVID-19 supports so youth and families can help meet their basic needs and stay strong. The Foundation also supports capital improvements at FACS Niagara facilities and works with the community to support children and families during Holidays and the Festive Season.
Thanks to the community’s generous support, in 2020:
- 65 children enjoyed COVID-safe YMCA summer camp experiences and 110 children and youth received “Summer Smiles at Home” activity baskets;
- 37 youth received education grants and COVID emergency support to pursue post-secondary studies and training;
- 140 youth received help making the transition from foster care to living independently including 57 youth who were showered with food, housewares and seasonal gifts;
- 233 children in 114 families and 50 youth in the care of FACS received toys or gifts and food during the Festive Holiday season;
- 186 of our families received emergency COVID-19 supports for food and basic needs;